Monday, February 21, 2011

What's in my diaper bag?

After seeing this post on Sometimes Sweet, I decided I'd follow suit and post what's in my diaper bag.
Everything in its place!


Clockwise from top left:
  • Diaper bag (JJ Cole Method Stroller Bag). This bag is the best thing to ever happen to me. It was inexpensive(ish) and has room for everything I need. It's so much bigger on the inside than it looks, and everything has a place.
  • Pacifier wipes. They smell like fruit roll ups, and are great for sanitizing anything that Madeline drops. 
  • Travel pack of napkins, because things can get messy very quickly with a baby.
  • Infant Acetaminophen. It's not usually in my bag, but after getting her vaccinations Friday, the little miss hasn't been feeling too great so we carry it just in case.
  • Changing pad. It's the pink thing under the Tylenol and Desitin, in case you were wondering. Came with the diaper bag, is insanely handy.
  • Desitin, because Maddie's skin is suuuper sensitive, and usually is at least a little red.
  • The Hotslings Sling, is the black thing next to the changing pad. I keep it in case I go somewhere unexpected or forget my Moby (which happens far more often than I'd like) 
  • Her two favorite rattles. The pink plastic one and her soft Tigger jingle/chime one.  She loves them both, and they're great to keep her entertained while we're in the car. Especially on those long rides to go visit family or see the doctor (at least a 30 minute drive).
  • A simple receiving blanket. Tremendously useful for burping, sudden chilly weather, and swaddling when visiting family while she's fussy.
  • Wipes and diapers. Pretty self explanatory. I keep at least four diapers, and about 16 wipes in the diaper bag at all times, because you never know...
  • Pacifier. She hates them, but we keep one on us because if she's crying at the store, the act of trying to give her one distracts her enough that she'll often quiet down. Usually she'll just close her mouth and refuse it, haha.
  • Spare clothes. Two onesies, a hat, a jacket, socks and a pair of pants; in FL the weather is wonky and it'll be 85 while the sun is up but immediately after sunset it's in the low 70's and chilly. I have to be prepared for more than just the inevitable wardrobe change due to bodily functions.
And that's it! 


If you have a spare second or two, I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to vote for us in the Top Baby Blogs! Thank you!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment: